Uniform Distribution Calculator
Calculate probabilities and percentiles for a uniform distribution.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What is a uniform distribution, and why is it important?
- A uniform distribution represents a set of outcomes where each outcome is equally likely within a specified range. It's crucial in probability theory for scenarios where all outcomes are equally probable.
- What is the formula for calculating uniform distribution probabilities?
- The formula for calculating the probability of an event in a uniform distribution, given a range [a, b], is:
- Where x is the specific outcome within the range [a, b].
- How do I interpret uniform distribution probabilities?
- Uniform distribution probabilities are straightforward: each outcome within the range has the same likelihood of occurring. This distribution is often used in scenarios where outcomes are equally likely, such as rolling a fair die.